BIRGIT KOS X DRY CLEAN ONLY MAGAZINE
Dutch supermodel Birgit Kos stars in the new Beymen 2023 Spring/Summer Campaign shot by the famous duo Cristian Borillo and Martin Cespedes, aka Hunter & Gatti, who have accomplished successful projects for the big fashion houses in the fields of art, film, and photography with their visionary perspectives.
We discussed her rise to international superstardom within the fashion and modeling realms, her greatest achievements, and the new Beymen campaign she starred in.
Interview By: Ceren Taspinar
1. Do you remember where your interest in fashion came from?
I have never been very interested in fashion itself. The interest and passion for it really came from modelling and being in front of the camera trying to create an image with the whole team.
2. What kind of value do you place on the early jobs that helped you work up the ladder and reach the level of fame you have today?
Every job I did has helped me in some way. To learn how to move and work with my emotions but also how to communicate with new teams all the time and how to represent yourself in the right way. I value every job I have ever been able to do.
3. Of the four major fashion capitals, which city best encapsulates your fashion aesthetic and how?
I think I am not the most fashionable person, I really enjoy it mainly because of the passion I have for modelling itself and meeting new people all over the world. So my style is very casual and comfortable but I guess I would fit in the best in New York just because its so many styles blended together.
4. What is your definition of a ‘Model as Muse’ and which model are you most inspired by?
My favorite model will always be Linda Evangelista. I think she was everyone’s muse back in the days.
5. What do you consider to be a great achievement in your career?
It’s hard to choose one but definitely my Vogue Italy cover is in the top 3 of my greatest achievements
6. What was the most memorable part of your Beymen campaign shoot?
I think the house we shot in and working together with the photographers. It was a very nice team work on set.
7. How do you know when a job is right for you and what appealed to you most with the new Beymen Campaign?
The team really appealed to me by doing the Beymen shoot as the team and also seeing their previous campaigns. It’s always a really cool concept so I knew this was going to be great as well. Knowing what’s the right job for you too has many different factors from what the previous work looks like to what is the team you work with and how the exposure of the job you’re doing is. That’s why it’s so important to have a good relationship with your agency’s because they usually will tell us what is right to do.
BEYMEN SS23 CAMPAIGN
Video/Photography: Hunter & Gatti
Talent: Birgit Kos & Parker Van Noord
Stylist: Konca Aykan